Friday, August 4, 2017

Sous chef redux 

When we arrived in Philadelphia I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Just that I wasn't going to work in EMS as a full time first responder anymore. I don't think I'll ever give up my role as a Coast Guard Auxiliary officer but EMS life is brutal and not exactly family friendly. It's times like these that have historically taken me back to the restaurant world. 

So I asked around, knocked on some doors and found myself in chef Owen Lee's kitchen in the Philadelphia suburbs. I'm learning things, remembering things and getting to explore meditaranian food, something familiar but not an area of expertise for me. Luckily, I love the food! 

I'm not sure where this will go but it's a great place to land while I sort out our new home base. 

I'll try to post a few recipes here and there to share some of what I'm learning and why I keep going back to chef work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment